How to transfer music, files or pictures from the PC or Mac to my Samsung Galaxy S6? To be honest, it’s is very easy to transfer the mentioned files like music, if you know the necessary steps once. There are many different ways to transfer the data.You can transfer via the USB cable or you use your WiFi connection, to transfer the pictures from PC to Galaxy S6 wireless. We have summarized all important information and steps in this tutorial. This guide will also work for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. If you have any trouble or questions to this topic, just leave us a comment and we can maybe help you to fix the issues.
Transfer files, images and videos between computer and Galaxy S6 via USB
The first way is to transfer the data via the USB cable. It is very easy and fast, for example if you want to transfer a lot of pictures or just a big file. All you need is a computer with Windows or Mac, installed Samsung USB drivers and of course the USB cable. If your computer doesn’t have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy S6, just install the Samsung software called Smart Switch.
- Connect the USB cable with the slot on your phone and the USB slot on your PC.
- Open the notification panel and you should see a notification with “Connected as a media device”.
- Open this entry and activate “Connect as” and “Media device (MTP)”.
- Now switch to your PC and open the file manager or Windows Explorer.
- Now you should see the entry “Galaxy S6” or “Galaxy S6 Edge”.
- Open this entry and you see the folders like “music”, “videos” or “download”.
- Now just drop your files in the folders and you’re done.
How To Transfer files via WiFi from PC or Mac OS X to the Galaxy S6
The second method is also really easy and comfortable. The data are transmitted via the Wi-Fi connection. The transer will only work, if the computer and the smartphone are in the same network. We use the free app called AirDroid. The app offers many features and is a remote control for the Smartphone over Wi-Fi.
- Download the AirDroid App on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and install it.
- Now you should the a number or an IP address which must be entered in the browser address bar.
- The connection to your Smartphone must be confirmed for security reasons.
- After you’ve done that, you can now easily transfer the data.
Do you have any questions? Now you know, how to transfer data from PC or Mac OS X to your Galaxy S6.