How can I reset the alternative password for the Samsung Galaxy S6 finger print unlock? If the fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy S6 doesn’t work anymore for whatever reason, you can insert an alternative password to unlock your phone. This password or PIN is specified during the first setup. But what should you do if you forgot password alternative for the lock screen? We have here some ways how you can unlock the device, even if you forgot your password. A few days ago, Samsung has launched the new Galaxy S6 on the market. The Smartphone gets mostly good reviews and has a high resolution Quad-HD display and a fast processor. A great Smartphone, if not even the currently best smartphone on the market. As with any Smartphone, there can be problems here, too.
Forgot my alternative Password to my Galaxy S6 Lock Screen: How to fix?
A common question is how you can reset the alternative password for the fingerprint sensor, if you forgot it. As with the Galaxy S5, there are several ways for that. In addition to the input of the password can you unlock the device also via the Google account or via the Android Device Manager. How does it work? Just read one, we summarized all necessary steps in this tutorial.
Method 1: Unlock with Google account
For this method, you need a linked Google account to your Samsung Galaxy S6. Many users did that during the initial setup.
- Force the input of the alternative password and enter the password so often wrong, until a small button with the “Sign in with Google account” or “Unlock with Google account” appears on the screen.
- Enter the password of your Google Account, delete the fingerprint or reconfigure it.
Method 2: Reset alternative Password on Galaxy S6 with the Android Device Manager
If there is no way to unlock the Galaxy S6 with the fingerprint sensor, pattern, PIN or password you can use the Google Android Device Manager. This will maybe help you to unlock the Galaxy S6 with your Google Account from the PC.
- First you have login into the Google Android Device Manager.
- Follow the instructions and tap on “set lock”. This step will allow you to reset the lock for your smartphone.
- Alternatively you can also download the app to your smartphone.
Could one of the two methods help you to reset the forgotten alternative password for the Samsung Galaxy S6? Do you have any questions or do know more methods and solutions, when I forgot my lock screen password on the Galaxy S6?