You have problems with the new Android 5.0 lollipop update on your Samsung Galaxy S5? You’re not alone with this problem, because many users reported problems with the WiFi and the battery consumptionand high battery drain on Lollipop. We have described some solutions for Android 5.0 problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5 on this page. A few days ago, Samsung has released the new Android 5.0 lollipop update for many devices. Many owners got the update from the Samsung Galaxy S5 and are happy about it, but there are some issues too. The update brings many new features and improvements, but there are some problems with the WiFi, Bluetooth and the battery consumption. Some people report a high battery usage while using and the WiFi connection is interrupted and terminated after a while. If you have problems with your Samsung Galaxy S5 after the update, we recommend you the following tips and advices.
Samsung Galaxy S5 WiFi issues after Android 5.0 update
We have tried some solutions to solve the WiFi problem and one thing has helped us out. To solve the problem you need to run the so-called “wipe cache partition” function over the recovery menu. This function deletes no data from the Samsung Galaxy S5. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and safe. You can perform the „Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode. You can find a simple step by step guide under this paragraph.
Solve the wifi issue on Galaxy S5
- In the first step you have to power off the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Then Hold the following keys to start the recovery mode on your device. Power off, volume up and the home button.
- After some seconds, the Galaxy S5 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started.
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it. Again, no data will be deleted in this step. Wait a few seconds until the process is completed.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy S5 with “reboot system now”.
This was our solution for the problem “Samsung Galaxy S5 WiFi issues after Android 5.0 Lollipop update.” Do you have more tips on this topic? For more tips, you can write us a comment below this page. The function “wipe cache partition” not only helps with WiFi issues. If you have other problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5 after an update, you can use this function also. This solution has helped us and we have no Wi-Fi problems anymore with the Samsung Galaxy S5 after the Android 5.0 release.