The new Android 5.0 Lollipop Update just released for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and many users will have downloaded the update. We also can’t wait to get the update and just started the download and installation after the release. Unfortunately, some owners reported several problems after the Lollipop Update on the Galaxy S5 like fast battery drain and low battery life, WiFi issues, unfortunately Contacts has stopped and more. Are there solutions for the problems already? In this guide you will find some solutions and fixes for the most common errors like mentioned above. As with every major update, there seem to be problems here too. In the past it has been shown several times, that a new version not worked well immediately.
If you also have problems after installing Android 5.0 lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy S5, then following tips will maybe help you to fix the issues.
Fix wifi problems, battery life issues and lag after Galaxy S5 Lollipop update
We noticed that the battery life reduced and the WiFi connection dropping after the update. Also the error message “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped“ appears frequently on our screen. We have tried many solutions from the Internet, but only a few have helped us to fix the issues. But hours of searching a simple trick has helped us a out to solve many problems at once. After we perform the steps listed below, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was no longer slow and also the battery life has increased. To solve the problems you need to run the so-called “wipe cache partition” function on the Android recovery menu. Boot in recovery mode, start the wipe cache partition and you’re done.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S5
- Hold the Power-off, volume up and the home button for some seconds.
- The Galaxy S5 will vibrate once and you have to release the power-button and keep holding the volume up and home button.
- A few seconds later you should see the recovery menu. Now navigation with the volume keys and start “Wipe cache partition” with the power-button.
- When this is complete, you can restart the Smartphone over “Reboot system now”.
Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped error message after Android 5.0 Lollipop
This simple trick helped us a lot to fix at least some of the issues after the Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop update. If the error message “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” still appears, then you should try the steps listed below.
- Go to “Settings” and “Application Manager” or “Apps” on the Galaxy S5.
- After that, switch to the “All” tap, to show all installed apps on your smartphone.
- Search for the contacts app and open it.
- Now tap on the buttons “Clear Cache” and “Delete Data” in the settings. This will not delete your contacts.
Have tese tips help you, to fix the problems after the update? Do you know other solutions? Leave us a comment.