I forgot my alternative password from my Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint, how can I reset that password? You can see this issue frequently in the Internet on the subject of Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner. We have forgotten our alternative password some time ago and have therefore searched for a solution. How we have solved the problem, you can find out in the following paragraphs. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is still a very good Smartphone with many features. We use the Smartphone for several weeks and are very happy with the device. But there were from time to time some problems and this includes the alternative password reset. The fingerprint scanner is a useful function that is used by many for the security and the unlock-function. If the fingerprint is detected, the Smartphone is automatically unlocked and can be used directly. A very convenient feature which however also has a disadvantage. If the fingerprint is not recognized, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will not unlock and can’t be used. If you forgot your Samsung Galaxy S5 alternative password, you have a problem. You can reset the password by following these steps.
Forgot my alternative password: Galaxy S5 Fingerprint
I’ve been using the Fingerprint scanner on my Galaxy S5 and I can’t remember my alternative password to unlock the smartphone or remove the fingerprint. What can I do to recover or reset my alternative password? This a common question and that was the reason, we created this guide. If you have more tips on this topic or if you know more method to reset the fingerprint password on the GS5, leave us a comment.
Method 1: Delete the fingerprint
The first method is simple, but requires a successful unlock.
- Go to “Settings” and “Fingerprint scanner”
- Switch into the “Fingerprint manager” and delete the prints there.
- If you have more than one prints, just delete them all. In the same step the alternative password resets and you can configre a new one.
Method 2: Forgot alternative password
The second tutorial, you can reset the alternative password even if the fingerprint is not working. This method requires a already linked Google account to your smartphone, like you usally do in the initial setup.
- Just start the scanner until the button for the alternative password appears.
- Enter the password so often wrong, until a small button appears “Sign in with Google account” or “Unlock with Google account”.
- After that you just can unlock your Samsung Galaxy S5 and delete the password or reconfigure it.
Any questions or tips to this topic? Write us a comment if anything is not clear.