How to fix Play Store Issue ‘Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0’. This is a question of many of our visitors and we have a fix for this issue. The error message appears when downloading an app from Google play. The Google play store has grown strongly in the last few months and years and there are a very large number of many great apps and games. The Play Store works very well because of the constant development of Google. Nevertheless sometimes appear error messages and there are a variety of different error messages. A known error is “error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0]” and appears when downloading an app. The error appears device-independent, so on all popular smart phones such as Samsung Galaxy S5/S4, HTC One, Sony Xperia, Nexus 5, 7, 9 and so on. What can you do to fix the error? We have summarized some solutions for you on this page to solve this issue. If you have more information and tips to solve this problem, leave us a comment.
How to Fix Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0]
Because the error message “Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0]” appears when downloading an app, this is quite annoying. You’ve discovered just an interesting game in Google play and would like to download this and then the error appears. What should you do to fix the error? You can find some solutions under this paragraph. Use the following methods which can be used for fixing the Google Play Store error while retrieving information from server”.
Method 1: Clear Cache and stop Play Store manually
The first method clears the cache of Google play. Quit the app and restart it after the cache is cleared. Just follow the steps in the list below. This methods works for all Android smartphones and tablets like Galaxy S5/S3, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and so on.
- Go to “Settings” – “All” and then select “Google Play Store” in the list.
- Now stop the Google Play Store by selecting the Button with “Force stop”.
- After that, Clear the cache and clear the data. Just press the button “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” in the Android settings.
- After performing this, you can manually start the Play Store again and the Error “Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0]” should be fixed and gone.
Method 2: Re-Add your Google account
- If the first method does not help, it can help you if you link your Google account again with your smartphone or tablet. Maybe you should make a backup before doing this.
- Go to “Settings” – “Accounts” – “Google” and then go on your Google Account and unlink the account from your smartphone.
- Once you did that, just readd your same Google Account to your smartphone.
- After that you could repeat the first method, to solve the Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0] in Play Store.
For us, this method has helped to resolve the error. Do you have more tips and advice for this Google Play Store error? Send us your experiences with the error message “error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7: AEC-0]” as a comment.